Re: convert regex.c, strftime.c mktime.c to standard C

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: convert regex.c, strftime.c mktime.c to standard C
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 20:05:16 +0100

> I've had a peek at the other to things mentioned, but mktime.c doesn't
> seem to be compiled at all for me, and regex.c has been split up into
> about six other files, and the emacs-specific things there seem to have
> disappeared (or been moved around).  I've only done a cursory check.

Poking about a bit more, it seems like the regex stuff in gnulib is
quite different from the stuff in regex.c in Emacs.  There's no function
like regex_compile in gnulib (but re_compile_pattern), for instance, so
it's not a straight drop-in replacement, in any case.

  address@hidden * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen