Re: Time string format

From: David De La Harpe Golden
Subject: Re: Time string format
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 21:23:08 +0000

On 20/11/10 18:10, David De La Harpe Golden wrote:
On 20/11/10 10:28, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

Note that, in both these en_* locales, the date part of %c is the
same: "Sat 20 Nov 2010".
Are there any en_* locales (or any other
locales that share the same language) which differ in that part?

[I have to reconfigure my system to spit out that information, it's
presently only generating a small subset of locales, might take a bit
longer than I thought, bah]

Attached please find dump of the raw info from my system.
("%a %d %b %Y" covers a lot and is quite likely still comprehensible by a lot of the others).

There are some locales that differ in that part despite being the
same language (following by visual inspection only, and n.b. just in case: this is only a list of the locales where the langauge is the same but the date part of the d_t_fmt different, this is not a list of locales differing from "%a %d %b %Y")

*Afar (aa):
- aa_DJ (Djibouti): "%a %d %b %Y"
- aa_ER (Eritrea):  "%A, %B %e, %Y"
- aa_ET (Ethiopia): "%A, %B %e, %Y"

*Arabic (ar):
mostly "%d %b, %Y", except:
- ar_IN (India): "%A %d %B %Y"
- ar_SA (Saudi Arabia): "%A %e %B %Y"

*English (en):
mostly "%a %d %b %Y"  (including US!) except:
numeric, Y-m-d ordering
- en_DK (Denmark):  "%Y-%m-%d"
month and day in full, month,day,year ordering:
- en_HK (Hong Kong): "%A, %B %d, %Y"
month and day in full, day,month,year ordering:
- en_IN (India):  "%A %d %B %Y"
- en_PH (Philippines): "%A, %d %B, %Y"
- en_SG (Sinqgapore): "%A %d,%B,%Y"

*Frisian (fy):
just dot after the %d in one and not the other.
- fy_NL: "%a %d %b %Y"
- fy_DE: "%a %d. %b %Y"

*Somali (so):
mostly "%A, %B %e, %Y", except:
- so_DJ (Djibouti): "%a %d %b %Y"

*Swedish (sv):
- sv_FI (Finland): "%a %e. %Bta %Y"
- sv_SE (Sweden): "%a %e %b %Y"

*Chinese (zh):
mosltly "%Y年%m月%d日 %A", except day in parens for:
- zh_TW (Taiwan R.O.C.): "%Y年%m月%d日 (%A)"