Re: Emacs tool bar on Fedora14

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Emacs tool bar on Fedora14
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 19:20:50 +0100

Stefan Monnier skrev 2010-11-21 18.25:
I added a keyword :vert-only to tool bar items to do this and added it to
some of the items in the default and Info tool bars.  Even with most icons
being just images, the Emacs tool bars tend to be quite long.  Maybe clean
out some items?

Just wondering: shouldn't it be ":horiz-as-well" rather than
":vert-only"?  From what I've seen in the few Gtk apps I use, few of the
buttons have a horizontal label, so the ":vert-only == t" is likely to
be a better default than the reverse.

The default should be based on how many Emacs tool bar items that will have horizontal labels. I just guessed, I haven't done any research. It is easy enough to change if that is what we want.

        Jan D.