Re: vc-update for bzr etc.

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: vc-update for bzr etc.
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 12:02:08 -0500

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

> vc-pull is an alias for vc-update.  (Should we make it the reverse?)

Yes, please.  `pull' seems to be the term used nowadays.

I have an implementation of `pull' that also takes a `revision' argument.
And in the *vc-incoming* buffer there's a binding for vc-pull to pull
up to the revision at point (use  pull --revision=ARG).

> Also, do I need to do anything special to update VC-dir buffers after
> merging or pulling?

Not only VC-dir buffers, but all buffers containing files in the target
directory.
See for example the vc-resynch-buffer in the vc-retrieve-tag (which could use a
better name).