Re: vc-update for bzr etc.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: vc-update for bzr etc.
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 17:05:13 -0500

> OK, I've got some code working that makes vc-bzr-merge/update call or
> refresh VC-dir after finishing, e.g. it shows "updated" files after a
> bzr update.  But the interface feels flimsy, somehow.

Most of the relevant code should be in vc-update rather
than in vc-bzr-update.

> So it seems like there needs to be some kind of status message display
> in the VC-dir buffer, showing (at least) the most recent VCS operation
> and its status.  WDYT?

Agreed.  See how PCL-CVS does it: at the top of the *cvs* buffer, there's
a line stating the command currently running (or several lines, one per
command, when several commands are running at the same time), as well as
an extra line stating the most recently finished command.

        Stefan