Re: /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r102478: shr.el (shr-tag-color-check): Convert

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r102478: shr.el (shr-tag-color-check): Convert colors to hexadecimal with shr-color->hexadecimal.
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 23:34:31 +0100

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

> I see.  Why not just use hexrgb.el (or build on it)?  It's been around
> long enough that such teething problems should have been eliminated.

The purpose of color-lab is to compute readable colours.

The use case is this:

Given a constant background colour in a buffer, you then have a <p
style="color: blue"> HTML element.  If you have a white background, then
that's fine.  If you have a black background, the blue colour will be
unreadable.  color-lab computes a "distance" between black and a blue
hue that is readable, and that blue hue is used instead.  It's kinda
neat.

So it doesn't have much to do with hexrgb.el, I think.  Did you read the
code?

  address@hidden * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen