RE: emacs-20101122 windows binaries

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: RE: emacs-20101122 windows binaries
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 11:15:41 +0900

Drew Adams writes:

 > Users could themselves decide whether they want to pay the penalties of
 > additional local disk space and increased download time (and build time?).

Users have less information about the value of the debug information.
If we encourage people who don't have gdb installed to use debug
builds, what have we gained? :-)

Making multiple builds available is an admin PITA (if you know how to
do better, please advise, but that's been my experience) and the disk
space can add up fast (since modularized installs are detested by most
users; they want a one-file-download-and-no-questions-asked-install).