Re: /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r102478: shr.el (shr-tag-color-check): Convert

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r102478: shr.el (shr-tag-color-check): Convert colors to hexadecimal with shr-color->hexadecimal.
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 03:36:37 -0500

    By that logic, we should move all of Emacs into the Gnus tree.  This is
    a general purpose library, not specific to Gnus.  It really ought to be
    moved out into the Emacs tree.  If no one objects, I'm going to move it.

Hear, hear.

There has been a tendency for all sorts of code unrelated to Gnus to
get installed in Emacs through Gnus.  Some of these things were worth
including in Emacs, but handling them as part of Gnus meant they did
not get properly integrated, properly documented, etc.  I moved some
of them out of Gnus, but I didn't have time to do them all.

It would be really good to start always handling these programs the
right way, by installing them in Emacs outside of Gnus.

--
Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation