Re: /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r102478: shr.el (shr-tag-color-check):Convert c

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r102478: shr.el (shr-tag-color-check):Convert colors to hexadecimal with shr-color->hexadecimal.
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 23:19:41 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> Agreed.  And the other side of the coin is that rather than complain
> about a new package that not included the way we want it, we should
> welcome the new addition and drool over the synergistic opportunity to
> merge it with some other package [yes, maybe I'm pushing it a bit, but
> I'm sure you see what I mean].

I'm wondering whether it may be used in defface.

Gnus now has a gazillion defface declarations like this:

(defface gnus-group-news-2-empty
  '((((class color)
      (background dark))
     (:foreground "turquoise"))
    (((class color)
      (background light))
     (:foreground "CadetBlue4"))
    (t
     ()))

Which is very general and all, but the colours chosen are usually quite
garish, since (for instance) `light' commonly spans the gamut from white
to gray, so we have to choose colours that pop.

We could start choosing more mellifluous hues by default, and have
color-lab ensure that the text would be readable for all users...  That
is, reduce the fruit salad-ey-ness that Emacs has now.

  address@hidden * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen