Re: improve rmail's MIME handling

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: improve rmail's MIME handling
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 12:44:28 +0200

> From: Kenichi Handa <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 13:24:09 +0900
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> > Please go ahead.  Thanks.
>
> Ok.  I've just installed changes which are bigger than what
> I expected at first.

Thanks.

> Now the default value of rmail-enable-mime is t, and thus a MIME
> message is properly decoded in RMAIL buffer automatically.

Why is this a good idea, especially on the Emacs 23 branch, in the
middle of a pretest?  Previously, Rmail would never do anything with
attachments without my say-so, and thus was one of the safest MUAs on
Earth.  Why change that now?

Of course, if other Rmail users think we should make it t by default,
I can always customize it back, so if I'm the only one who cares,
let's leave it at t.