Re: Add a functionality of bullet list and enumeration list to rst.el.

From: Wei-Wei Guo
Subject: Re: Add a functionality of bullet list and enumeration list to rst.el.
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 00:31:29 +0800

Hi Stefan,

于 2010年11月20日 00:05, Stefan Merten 写道:
Hi Stefan!

Thanks for contacting us!

2 days ago Stefan Monnier wrote:
Hello rst.el maintainers.  Weiwei Guo submitted a patch to rst.el to
improve the handling of enumerated items.

Wei-Wei submitted this or a similar patch a while ago to the docutils
project. Unfortunately it has not been integrated yet - due to lack of
time.

I submitted a revised patch to Emacs which wasn't submitted to the docutils.

It seems OK to me, but since I don't use rst.el my judgment might not
be very relevant.  Could you confirm that we should install it?

I'm just preparing a new version of rst.el for the Emacs development.
It merges the downstream patches from you Emacs developers with a
couple of improvements I did in the upstream version in the docutils
version. IMHO it would be wiser that I integrate Wei-Wei's patch in
the upstream version.

I use rst.el every day and my version of rst.el keeps on being modified.
I take submitting patch as a serious thing, so I dare to submit my rough
patch to Emacs or docutils. Since you are preparing a new version, I
prefer send my version of rst.el to you if you want. You can use any code
of mine freely.

I have included the original patch as well as an alternative patch which
includes additional (untested) changes I made to improve the coding
style (and fix an apparent bug in his patch w.r.t handling
rst-re-items).

Thanks for this.

I'd suggest this: I'll look at your version of the patch and include
in the upstream version in the docutils project and then send the
result to the Emacs developers. I think this would be the best way
also because in my local development environment I'm maintaining all
the versions of rst.el I know of so I'm probably the only one who can
merge all the changes properly. Since I now have an improved version
of this patch I'll do this immediately. Is that ok for you?

Best wishes,
Wei-Wei