Re: English dictionary with definitions.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: English dictionary with definitions.
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 15:43:09 -0500

    I do not know any, but I would like to know whether there is one/whether
there is some intention to add one in emacs....

I hope there is a good free English dictionary -- if not, people
should work on improving one.  But I see no reason to include it in
Emacs.

It would be ok to include code in Emacs to access free dictionaries.
However, code to access nonfree dictionaries would give the wrong idea
of our principles.

--
Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation