Re: interjecting a custom epa passphrase prompt

From: Daiki Ueno
Subject: Re: interjecting a custom epa passphrase prompt
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 11:26:34 +0900

ken manheimer <address@hidden> writes:

> i am trying to use 'epg-context-set-passphrase-callback' to adjust the
> context for encryption to try to interject my own prompting, but it's
> having no effect.

Most likely you are using GnuPG 2, which does not ask passphrase on tty
or on status FD, unlike GnuPG 1.  Try:

$ gpg --version

Assuming that:

> has all provision for custom passphrase prompting in epg been
> eliminated?

Still you could use GnuPG 1 for your custom passphrase prompting, since
GnuPG 2 is not a newer version of GnuPG, but a separate product.

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno