Re: SMIE documentation

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: SMIE documentation
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2010 13:01:29 -0500

> Thank you. A few nits I noticed:

Thanks, I integrated your fixes, except below:

>> address@hidden @defvar smie-grammar
>> address@hidden This variable is an alist specifying the left and right
>> precedence of
>> address@hidden each token.  It is meant to be initialized with the use of
>> one of the
>> address@hidden functions below.
>> address@hidden @end defvar

> Why is this commented out?

Because I'd rather not document this yet.  It doesn't have a "smie--"
prefix so it's not marked as internal, but it's not really external
either (it's set via smie-setup).  I may want to make it internal and/or
to change its representation.

>> +returns nil or an empty string, SMIE will try to handle the corresponding
>> +text as an sexp according to syntax tables.
>            ^^

Hmm... In my several years in the states, I spent a fair bit of time
hacking on Emacs, but I didn't talk much about sexps (I talked about
types instead), so I'm not sure how people pronounce them usually, but
I pronounce them "ess-exps", which is why I put an "an" rather than an
"a".  So I'd first need confirmation that it's indeed pronouced as
something like "sexp".

> What about "nearest enclosing" instead of "most closely enclosing"?

Thanks, that's what I was looking for,

        Stefan