Selected text -> system clipboard on NS?

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Selected text -> system clipboard on NS?
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 15:09:30 +0200

Hi,

I know there were some selection changes a while back on the trunk and
one effect on the NS port is that selecting text no longer affects the
system clipboard selection.  You have to actually copy (M-w, Cmd-c) it now.
I was wondering if there was any setting to get the old behavior back?

From a customize-apropos it looked like Select Active Regions or Pc
Selection Mode might have something to do with it, but I couldn't get
them to work.  Nor do I really want to activate transient-mark-mode
which they seem to require.

Just wondering if this is something by design, a bug in the NS port, or
I'm just missing the correct way to do it?

thanks,
Adrian