Re: online conversion support from xsd to rng?

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: online conversion support from xsd to rng?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 16:54:58 +0100

() "Andrew W. Nosenko" <address@hidden>
() Wed, 8 Dec 2010 12:45:26 +0200

   You don't need to port the libxslt from the libxml2 to libexpat --
   libxml2 already used in emacs

   $ ldd emacs | grep libxml2
           libxml2.so.5 => /usr/local/lib/libxml2.so.5 (0x804240000)

I think there are two areas of primary concern:
(a) conversion between XML and Lisp trees (nested lists)
(b) routines for manipulating the tree

Personally (in a Scheme context, which is similar to Emacs Lisp), i
use ‘ttn-do xml2sexp’ for (a), and ad-hoc car/cdr climbing for (b),
avoiding libxslt altogether.  The idea is to flee the angry brackets
into the loving parens immediately.  (I briefly looked at the pattern
matching / transform primitives of XSLT and was horrified.)