Re: Return

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Return
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 10:41:34 +0900

Stefan Monnier writes:
 > > There are lots of reasons for doing a defun inside of a function.
 >
 > Give me examples and I'll tell you if I consider them as
 > valuable enough.

Anything you would use `require' for inside a function.  Betcha find a
dozen or more instances of require-in-a-function in Gnus alone.

 > Could be, but that's unrelated: I don't intend to rule out (eval
 > `(defun ...)).

How about (eval '(defun ...))?

But the whole idea is gross, Stefan.  Please rethink this, at least
until April 1.  This is a job for the documentation, not the syntax.