Re: Fwd: How to remove verbosity from the data passing mechanism using a

From: Fren Zeee
Subject: Re: Fwd: How to remove verbosity from the data passing mechanism using alist or plist ?
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 09:50:43 -0800

Thien-Thi was on the right track and understood the problem well as his reply indicate as far as I understood it. He has disappeared or refusing to show up. probably this nourishes the ego of such geeks.

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 10:59 PM, PJ Weisberg <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 12:33 PM, Fren Zeee <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am only satisfied with first part. There are more challenging questions
> still there. Please read the two or three of my posts before you entered the
> conversation.

I think your other question was, "What was Thien-Thi talking about
when he said 'less piecewise-constructive and more table-oriented'?

Here's my guess.  Keeping in mind that I have no idea what you're
trying to accomplish, I would suggest that instead of having functions
like find-my-marker-GOLD, find-my-marker-SILVER, and the like, you
just start out the file with something like:

GOLD 1000
SILVER 5000
COPPER 28000
CHEESEBURGERS 2
END

And then read those line-by-line to construct your alist or whatever.