Re: Selected text -> system clipboard on NS?

From: David De La Harpe Golden
Subject: Re: Selected text -> system clipboard on NS?
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 21:36:46 +0000

On 13/12/10 21:09, Adrian Robert wrote:
David De La Harpe Golden<david<at>  harpegolden.net>  writes:

On 13/12/10 17:28, Adrian Robert wrote:

My old method, now broken, was to hit Ctrl-spc, page up or down to roughly
the other
  >  >  end of where I wanted, then click the mouse to the exact place.

We-ell, the usual Ctrl-SPC then mouse-3 (right mouse button) should
still be working (untested latest trunk though)

This works under NS in transient-mark-mode, but not otherwise.  It's late and my
X build is not working.  Is this how it works under X as well?  I cannot see
anything in the related doc strings that seems to indicate this difference in
behavior.

Hmm. with transient-mark-mode off, it goes from the last position of the _point_ on X11 to wherever you clicked mouse-3, going into temporarily active mode. Since emacs famously keeps the point onscreen come-hell-or-high-water, that doesn't help for larger-than-screen.

That is pretty similar behaviour to X11 emacs 22.3 with t-m-m off, mind!

And x11 emacs 22.3 also deactivates when transient-mark-mode is on and you c-spc then mouse-1 in my testing, so maybe this was some NS-specific adjustment that's been lost?