Re: bug#7637: 24.0.50; Caps Lock triggers set-mark-command

From: Marco Pessotto
Subject: Re: bug#7637: 24.0.50; Caps Lock triggers set-mark-command
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 18:11:58 +0100

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

> A user has reported that under a certain KDE setting, Caps Lock breaks
> Emacs by making every motion key a shift-motion key, thus breaking the
> shift-selection feature.  Does anyone have KDE installed to test this?

For what is worth, I'm _not_ running KDE but I experience the same
behaviour all the time. I'm available to give you as much feedback as
possible (even if I truly don't know where to start: Xorg settings?
.Xdefault? Windows system?). It's just an italian keyboard layout with
"default" settings. While running emacs in a terminal this doesn't
happen.

GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars) of
2010-11-03 on potassium, modified by Debian

Bests

--
Marco