Re: Emacs on Windows crashes when hitting many keys

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Emacs on Windows crashes when hitting many keys
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 22:41:45 +0100

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 9:48 PM, Deniz Dogan <address@hidden> wrote:
> I like to frequent an IRC channel which is pretty crazy. Flooding is
> common and instead of writing "lol" we like to bash the keys on our
> keyboards and sending the results, along the lines of
> "ALRDCOEINOEHTINOEHTNIHOENTIHOENTETHIONE".
>
> Weird as that may sound, sometimes when I do this I accidentally hit
> Ctrl instead of Shift, resulting in all kinds of crazy key
> combinations. This often simply hangs Emacs. Its CPU usage is at 0
> percent and memory usage is negligible.
>
> How can I debug this?

Are you using the standard Emacs for w32? Or are you perhaps using my
patched Emacs+EmacsW32?

I am asking because I had done some changes in this area. I
experienced quite a lot of hangs before I did this, but I am not at
all sure my changes are the correct once. I still get hangs and they
looks like race conditions.