RE: mouse-yank-primary and bug #7699

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: mouse-yank-primary and bug #7699
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 17:38:39 -0800

> Frankly I'm not clear that Drew (and to a lesser extent
> yourself) have  absorbed the fact rebinding of mouse-2 is
> presently necessary to restore old behaviour.

Since you pointed to me...

What rebinding of mouse-2 are you referring to?

Eli has let it be known that setting `mouse-drag-copy-region' to t should
suffice to restore the traditional mouse-2 behavior on Windows.  And that's all
I'm using.

Please, let us know, if a different binding of `mouse-2' is needed also (or
instead).

This is the first I've heard of it, so I can hardly be accused of not having
absorbed it yet.  I cannot speak for Eli's alleged insufficient absorption.

> Er. At least, I think it still is.

We haven't absorbed it yet, but you have. Yet you're not sure.

> Really I haven't quite caught up to the current trunk's
> state so I might be shooting my mouth off.

Let us know.