Re: No plist-del?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: No plist-del?
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 10:25:26 -0500

In the old days, I refused to include functions in Emacs unless
they were either necessary or an important benefit to users.  I
specifically refused to include functions for mere completeness' sake.
I would have refused to include plist-del (or remprop) because it was
rarely needed and you could write it in Lisp.

It is no longer vital to work to keep Emacs small.  Eight Megabytes
Ain't Constantly Swapping any more.  However, it remains desirable not
to bloat the Emacs Lisp Reference Manual without some benefit.

--
Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation