Re: Some OpenWrt port related problems

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Some OpenWrt port related problems
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 14:36:39 -0500

> OpenWrt packages use cross-compilation, so Emacs is used in a NO_DUMP
> configuration, loading loadup.el every time it starts.

That's unfortunate, as this is completely untested and unsupported.
I expect you'll bump into further problems.  Maybe a "simpler" solution
is to setup a simulation environment where you could perform the dump.

> This causes at least one problem with environment variables, that
> I already fixed [3].

Not sure if that's the right fix, but indeed there's a bug there that
shows up when using NO_DUMP.  Make sure you record it via M-x
report-emacs-bug.

> Now I'm hitting another problem when using org-mode:
>  File mode specification error:
>  (wrong-type-argument stringp (require . t-mouse))
> After some debugging this looks like being caused by variable
> load-history containing the element:
>   ((require . t-mouse))
> This looks a little broken, since all other elements have a
> filename-string in front of that cons cell, e.g.:

That one doesn't remind me of anything.

> Anybody knows who's fault that error is anyways?

I don't.

> is ((require . t-mouse)) a valid entry?

No.

> Is eval-after-load broken?

Not that I know.

> How does that entry get inserted into load-history in the first place?

That's the question, yes.  But no, I have no idea how this can happen.

        Stefan