Re: Any objection to adding completing-read-function?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Any objection to adding completing-read-function?
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 10:39:32 -0500

> I thought C-c C-w in diff ignore all spaces but it turned out only for a
> hunk.

The issue is not so much whitespace, but the fact that you moved code
around, so diff can either show that code removed+added or show
(alternatively) show the intervening code as removed+added, depending on
which of the two is smaller.

> +  (funcall read-file-name-function
> +           prompt dir default-filename mustmatch initial predicate))

Maybe (or read-file-name-function #'read-file-name-default) is in order
here for backward compatibility, in case external code used
a let-binding to nil.

        Stefan