Re: DocView now supports OpenDocument & MS Office formats

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: DocView now supports OpenDocument & MS Office formats
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 10:40:27 -0500

> Hm, I don't know.  It mostly depends on unoconv, which in turn depends
> on OO.org.  I have version 0.4 installed here, but at least 0.3 should
> be fine as well.

I see.  On my Debian machines (6 year-old Debian testing installation
which has accumulated pretty much all packages I've ever needed during
those years), I don't have unoconv installed, so I think there's a good
chance that many people don't have it installed.  This fact I think
gives a first answer to "should we add .doc and .odt to
auto-mode-alist": only if unoconv is available.

        Stefan