theme and a question about creating them

From: Dirk-Jan C . Binnema
Subject: theme and a question about creating them
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 17:52:14 +0200

Hi all,

Find attached a theme inspired by zenburn-theme[1]; it's only the things I
could generate with the nice GNU Emacs Theme Creator. To adapt the complete
theme (which was written for color-theme.el) to the new system, it'd be nice
if some abstraction were possible i.e., define a handful of base colors, and
re-use them; the original zenburn-theme is /huge/, so it's a bit cumbersome to
work with literals everywhere.

I tried to use defvar/defconst and :inherit do this (as the old theme did),
but it does not seem to work in the new system, i.e.. I tried something like:

(defconst mycolor "#123456")
(deftheme mytheme)
(custom-theme-set-faces 'mytheme
     `(default ((t (:background ,mycolor)))))

but it seems the defconst is not picked up. And for :inherit, it seems you
cannot refer to the faces defined in the same 'custom-theme-set-faces' form.
I could define theme elsewhere of course, but obviously it'd be nice if my
theme file would be self-contained.

Is there some way to use constants like this, either with defconst/defvar
or :inherit?

Thanks,
Dirk.

[1] http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/ColorThemeZenburn

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema                  Helsinki, Finland
e:address@hidden           w:www.djcbsoftware.nl
pgp: D09C E664 897D 7D39 5047 A178 E96A C7A1 017D DA3C