Indexed search with grep-like output

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Indexed search with grep-like output
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2011 20:24:53 +0100

I have just added a file util/idxsearch.el to nXhtml that searches via
an index and gives a grep-like output.

Currently it only supports Windows Desktop Search on w32. It does that
by querying that index through a ruby file.

It would be nice if someone wanted to add support for for example
Lucene (or some other commonly used search engine on GNU/Linux) to the
ruby file.

Do we want this kind indexed search in Emacs?

This kind of search is quite nice for quickly looking up things in for
example Emacs code (or for looking up things in org-mode files which
is my primary use). Also I will add a "locate" style function for
locating files (which takes the burden away of updating a "locate"