Re: Participate in Emacs development

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Participate in Emacs development
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2011 20:28:36 +0100

On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 4:58 PM, lxsameer <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
> I would love to to work on Emacs, currently i'm working on a elisp
> program that add some IDE like feature to emacs like project management
> and other stuff, i'm not satisfied with EDE or CEDET, so i started my
> own.
>
> let me know if there were jobs for me todo.

Hi lxsameer, how nice you want to contribute!

Why not take a closer look at CEDET which is supposed to be the
primary interface for those things you are trying to enhance? Rather
than writing a new similar interface which may create extra burden
both on users and maintainers I would think it would be much better to
try to enhance CEDET the way you want it.

BTW, there is a separate list for CEDET development. You might want to
ask there. I think you might get some surprises because I suspect
CEDET is much more flexible than you think at the moment.