Re: bug#7517: 24.0.50; repeated crash under Mac OS X

From: Uday S Reddy
Subject: Re: bug#7517: 24.0.50; repeated crash under Mac OS X
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 04:59:05 +0000

Jan Djärv writes:

> Exactly how do you show the buffer name within Emacs?

You mean how do we show it in the frame title?  We don't do anything
special.  Emacs seems to put the buffer name in the frame title
automatically.

If you do

  (generate-new-buffer "שולח דואר אלקטרוני")

and switch to that buffer inside Emacs, you will probably find that
the buffer name shows correctly in the mode line, but it doesn't show
correctly in the fram etitle.

>  Does the buffername have any coding that isn't UTF-8?

I don't know what that means!  There is no coding now.  The buffer
name is just an Emacs multibyte string.

Cheers,
Uday