Re: Indexed search with grep-like output

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Indexed search with grep-like output
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 16:09:00 +0100

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 7:14 AM, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

> Emacs has always been designed around the idea that you shouldn't need
> proprietary code to use a feature, so his code can't be integrated until
> it is made to also support Free alternatives.

I have nothing against that. That is what I expects, but I also expect
someone else to add the free alternatives of their choice. (I will
help with that of course.)

> And regardless, I find it to be an error of his to prefer
> ease-of-installation over freedom.

It is not an error. It is what I prefer.

And I do not expect free tools to succeed unless they are easy to use.
And I think I share that opinion with a lot of people who supports
free software.