Re: DocView now supports OpenDocument & MS Office formats

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: DocView now supports OpenDocument & MS Office formats
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 10:00:14 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Eli,

>> But there are some tools that convert from markup languages emacs
>> support to OpenDocument, like for example docbook2odf.
>
> Personally, I generally dislike features that require me to install
> gazillions of other packages.  But that's me; the world seems to move
> in the opposite direction.

Well, I tend to agree.  But OTOH, implementing the wheel again from
scratch and using up gazillion hours of man-power to somehow keep up
with existing free tools (like OpenOffice.org/LibreOffice, KOffice) just
to have it in Emacs is not a real alternative.

BTW: I've just found out that Org mode lets you export to DocBook
format, and that can be converted to OpenDocument.

> See it as a rant of an old-timer.

Yeah, good ol' boy. :-)

Bye,
Tassilo