Re: Indexed search with grep-like output

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Indexed search with grep-like output
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 16:43:15 -0500

>> If you want to then feel free to add support for ID-utils to
>> idxsearch.el. It should typically be a file on its own. The file
>> idxdocindex.el is a good starting example.
> I'd rather extend id-utils.el, and eventually add that to Emacs.

All things being equal, I'd rather add a package that has abstractions
to work with various indexers, than one that only works for one
particular kind of indexer, especially since we're unlikely to convince
all potential users of such a tool to switch to GNU id if they're
currently using something else.

        Stefan