Re: emacs lisp syntax rfc: (cond (EXPR => (lambda (X) ...)))

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: emacs lisp syntax rfc: (cond (EXPR => (lambda (X) ...)))
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 22:49:24 -0500

>> and have exp1 only evaluated the first time var is used.  But we don't
>> want to add laziness, do we?
> Can't you add those exotic cases to pcase?  Or perhaps add a pcond and a
> plet.  Please keep cond as it is.

Right now, there's no plan whatsoever.
Any addition to the basic special forms will need to be very well
argumented (and come with a patch that handles all the relevant cases,
including byte-compiler).
Addition of a new macro OTOH is very straightforward, so I'd expect any
such change to take the form of a new macro.

        Stefan