Re: Reading char choices

From: Davis Herring
Subject: Re: Reading char choices
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 09:16:40 -0800 (PST)

>       (message "%s" prompt)
>       (setq char (read-event))

Couldn't we pass the prompt to read-event?  Also, how does this inhibit
quitting out of the whole function?

>               ((eq (key-binding (vector char)) 'keyboard-quit)
>                (if inhibit-keyboard-quit (keyboard-quit)))

If I'm missing something and we really do inhibit quitting, surely this
should be (unless inhibit-keyboard-quit ...).

>               ((setq done (memq char chars))))))

So if it's not valid, we just ignore it.  Would we rather display a
message (as for `y-or-n-p'), at least optionally?

Davis

shipping.