RE: dev-tsdh-* themes

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: dev-tsdh-* themes
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 09:33:21 -0800

> > So did Emacs itself have a `contrib' subdir, decades ago
           ^^^^^

> $ git log --name-only --format=%% | grep contrib/
> [nothing]

I specifically said that it might have been another Emacs from GNU Emacs.  Emacs
is not (heresy!) synonymous with GNU Emacs.  Emacs has a longer (yes) and richer
(yes) history than what you will find by grepping GNU Emacs logs.

(But thanks to you and `grep' for showing that GNU Emacs has no record of a
`contrib' subdir.)

My point was that it is not only "these days" that a `contrib' subdir is used
"for files contributed by people other than the immediate maintainers".  That
practice is nothing new.  It has a very long history, including within Emacs.