RE: Bikeshedding go! Why is <M-f4> unbound?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Bikeshedding go! Why is <M-f4> unbound?
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 17:01:22 -0800

> M-TAB ... does not work on w32 if you have META on the
> Alt key - which is default and actually the only reliable
> choice in the current (unpatched) Emacs.

Lennart, you keep saying that here and there.
But you've never backed up that claim, AFAICT.

Here's a typical example (see also the two followups for your complete claim):
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2010-03/msg00063.html

You keep telling users that they cannot use `M-TAB' on Windows, but it is simple
for a user to have `M-TAB' (as well as `ESC TAB') be handled by Emacs on
Windows.

> I think the binding of Alt-F4 is not that important in a non-multi
> document interface (but that is just my opinion).

There is no reason for Emacs to bind Alt-F4 (or M-f4) by default.
It should be kept for anyone to bind to anything.  (Just one more opinion.)