Re: DBus methods without name grabbing

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: DBus methods without name grabbing
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 12:40:58 +0100

Jan Moringen <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Jan,

> sorry for the sloppy patch. I couldn't put as much time into it as I
> would have liked.

Don't worry. By this, I had something to comment :-)

>> > +  (dbus-register-method
>> > +   bus service path dbus-interface-properties "Set"
>> > +   'dbus-property-handler nil)
>> > +
>> > +  ;; Register the name SERVICE with BUS.
>> > +  (unless dont-register-service
>> > +    (dbus-register-service bus service))
>>
>> I guess you mean t (or better 'dont-register) as last argument of the
>> dbus-register-method calls.
>
> I think it has to be t. The service is registered or not in the
> following call to `dbus-register-service' depending on
> `dont-register-service'.

I did not mean the value of `dont-register-service', but a symbol
`dont-register'. For better readability, one could use a symbol
describing what is meant with a non-nil value.

> I hope this increases the quality of the patch to bearable levels.

I have committed your patchset. Afterwards, I have applied some further
minor tweakings.

> Kind regards,
> Jan

Best regards, Michael.