Re: What is the state of the CEDET integration with Emacs now?

From: Lluís
Subject: Re: What is the state of the CEDET integration with Emacs now?
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 16:14:18 +0100

Lennart Borgman writes:

> Is Emacs currently using the latest CEDET sources in the trunk?

Not the latest CEDET version, but close to it.

> Can they be used with the trunk?

Not easily, as Emacs contains a heavily modified version, including lots
of renamed packages/files (I'm still very slowly working on bringing
these two together on a single common layout and naming scheme).

> Does anyone know what the state for ECB is?

I think it hasn't seen much development lately, specially since all
Eric's efforts went to CEDET when the merge to Emacs started.

Additionally, I think some of the most obscure features in ECB where
being discussed on this list to offer native support in Emacs itself
(namely, window configuration layouts).

Even more, if I recall, Eric was thinking on revamping parts of ECB once
the CEDET transition is finished.

> Does the development version work with the trunk? What version of
> CEDET does it work with?

It does. If you use 'el-get', here's the entry for ECB:

   (:name ecb                   :type cvs
          :url ":pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/ecb"
          :module "ecb"
          :build ("make CEDET= all" "make autoloads EMACS=\"emacs -L .\"")
          :info "info-help")

Lluis

 Tollbooth