Re: strokes-mode and touchscreen patents? was Re: emacs and touchscreen

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: strokes-mode and touchscreen patents? was Re: emacs and touchscreen
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 18:02:06 +0100

Hi David,

wow, strokes is really nifty!  I didn't know it till now.

Do you know if there's a way to define a stroke by giving a string?  The
problem with the ~/.strokes file is that I cannot see how the strokes
look like after defining them, so I'd prefer stuffing something like

(strokes-global-set-stroke
  (stroke-from-string (concat
"        @@@@@\n"
"       @@   @@@@\n"
"    @@@        @@@\n"
"  @@             @@\n"
"  @               @@\n"
"  @                 @\n"
"  @@                @\n"
  'some-command)

Or it would be even much cooler to be able to define strokes that look
like some character:

(strokes-global-set-stroke (stroke-from-char ?o) 'some-command)

Is something like that possible?

Bye,
Tassilo