Re: eterm-color unknown in terminfo

From: Ulrich Mueller
Subject: Re: eterm-color unknown in terminfo
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 22:56:31 +0100

> In ubuntu, when i do screen -x in a term/ansi-term i have an error
> message telling me there is no info about eterm-color in terminfo.
> Indeed, the symlink
> /lib/terminfo/E/Eterm <=> /lib/terminfo/e/eterm-color
> doesn't exists, only /lib/terminfo/E/Eterm-color exists.
> Creating this symlink manually fix the problem.
> However, would be great on one side or/and the other this be fixed.
> I mean on emacs side an alias Eterm-color <=> eterm-color,
> and/or on ubuntu side the symlink created by default.

Such a symlink would be wrong, since Eterm-color with capital E has
nothing to do with the Emacs terminal, but belongs to the terminal
emulator of <http://eterm.org/>.

In fact, eterm-color has made it into the ncurses patchset at
<ftp://invisible-island.net/ncurses/5.7/> in 2008 already.
Is Ubuntu distributing a vanilla 5.7 version?

See also a previous thread about the same subject:
<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2009-05/msg00053.html>

Ulrich