Re: strokes-mode and touchscreen patents? was Re: emacs and touchscreen

From: David O'Toole
Subject: Re: strokes-mode and touchscreen patents? was Re: emacs and touchscreen
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 17:00:42 -0500

> Better not try to find out, since distributing infringing things is
> a more serious offense if you know it's infringing than if you don't.

The distributor in question would be the FSF which has distributed
strokes-mode since (apparently) 1997.

> Just stop worrying about all that crap and instead help fight the
> legality of software patents as a whole.

Can you explain why you think sidestepping a perfectly legitimate due
diligence question about part of Emacs is supposed to help the cause
of eliminating software patents? I've never heard an attorney say
"just stop worrying about all that crap."