Re: syncing Emacs from sources maintained elsewhere

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: syncing Emacs from sources maintained elsewhere
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 10:20:17 -0500

> From: Andy Moreton <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 10:11:17 +0000
>
> The changes to update gnulib break the Windows build, which will no
> longer bootstrap. It seems that the new lib dir needs a makefile.win-in
> and some work on the build scripts similar to the old lib-src dir.

I would suggest that Paul at least takes a look at how non-Posix
platforms build Emacs, to avoid similar breakage in the future.
There's no requirement for taking care of those platforms whenever
such changes are installed, but at least announcing the expected
problems and asking for ways of implementing the change that would
minimize the work to unbreak them, would be nice.