Re: cannot build on w32

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: cannot build on w32
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 11:14:22 -0500

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 11:03 AM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

>> BTW, retrying "make bootstrap" is very frustrating (it's a quadratic
>> process!)
>
> You shouldn't need to say "make bootstrap" after the the first such
> command fails.  Just "make" should do.  (But I only tried that on
> GNU/Linux, so perhaps there's some bug in the Windows build procedure
> that breaks this.)

$ make
[Please ignore a syntax error on the next line - it is intentional]
/bin/sh: -c: line 0: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
/bin/sh: -c: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file
Using /bin/sh as shell.

Essential Lisp files seem to be missing.  You should either
do `make bootstrap' or create `lisp/abbrev.elc' somehow.

make: *** [maybe-bootstrap-SH] Error 255

--
Sam Steingold <http://sds.podval.org>