Re: Emacs trunk bootstrapping fails since about two days

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Emacs trunk bootstrapping fails since about two days
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 20:07:22 +0100

Paul Eggert <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Paul,

>> ./configure: line 5075: gl_EARLY: command not found
>
> But 'configure' on the trunk does not contain the string 'gl_EARLY'.

`configure.in' does.

> My guess is that you're not bootstrapping from a clean version of the
> trunk.  Maybe you rebuilt 'configure' by running 'autoconf' without
> running 'aclocal -I m4' first?  Perhaps the simplest fix is to start
> over with a fresh copy of the trunk.

No, I use the gentoo live ebuild, which just updates some checkout in
some package manager directory, copies that to some temp directory and
does the compile there.  So the checkout should be totally clean.  In
fact, I even deleted it and let the package manager check it out anew.
Still the same error...

Bye,
Tassilo