RE: Bikeshedding "user choice"

From: grischka
Subject: RE: Bikeshedding "user choice"
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 22:51:29 +0100

I disagree that this is the right approach.  I prefer that the set of keys for
which pass-through is currently effective be explicit within Emacs, for users
and Lisp.

If each key for which we want pass-through has an Emacs binding that specifies
this (pass-through), then it is clear to everyone what that key does in Emacs
(it is handled by the OS).  Likewise, for Stefan's alternative of using
`w32-passthrough-events'.

What if I want Alt-f/e/o/... to activate menus "File/Edit/Options/..."
and also for all other menus that some package might possibly add?

Are you proposing that I need to define one "pass-through" for each
of "Alt-a..z", just in case?

Also what if some package thinks it wants to bind M-f in some local
map which I would't really care except that I do care that my menu
shortcut now stops working?

--- grischka