Re: theme and a question about creating them

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: theme and a question about creating them
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 22:04:52 -0500

Johan Bockgård <address@hidden> writes:

> It doesn't make much sense to run the theme through `unsafep' while
> marking `custom-theme-set-variables' and `custom-theme-set-faces' as
> "safe functions" (which they aren't).

A user who loads a theme would expects it to do *something*, so I'd
argue that those two functions should not be considered unsafe while
performing such an operation.

If this really is a concern, how bout marking only
custom-theme-set-faces as safe?  Then the user can be prompted for any
(non-built-in) theme that changes variables, but themes that only fiddle
with faces will be accepted.