emacs hangs when changing network while sleeping

From: Rémi Letot
Subject: emacs hangs when changing network while sleeping
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 13:05:52 +0100

Hello,

when I change network with my laptop sleeping (typical when I commute
between work and home), my whole emacs session often freezes if gnus is
there (which is always).

Not so long ago I just had to kill the openssl processes, which abruptly
interrupted the connections, and gave me back my emacs.

Now that ssl is handled by emacs itself, I have no external process to
kill. And C-g doesn't help, all keystrokes I do seem to accumulate in
some buffer and are all processed when emacs resurfaces. And it can stay
frozen quite some time.

Besides quitting gnus before I commute (which I almost always forget)
and killing emacs (which is "Not Good"), is there a way to stop this
from happening ? Shouldn't C-g always work ?

Thanks,
--
Rémi