Next pretest

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Next pretest
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 16:36:20 -0500

Since there were a couple of problems with the last pretest, I'll roll
the 23.2.93 pretest a little earlier: Monday, 31 Jan.  Please plan
accordingly, thanks.

There are several important or serious bugs that we should fix before
release.  Unfortunately, several of them are platform dependent.  Any
help with these would be greatly appreciated.

C-g not working on NetBSD

Building on HP-UX

Slowdown after 20+ `compile's

crashes on Solaris 11/SPARC

C++ infloop
(I've asked Alan to look at this, but any help diagnosing the problem
would be welcome.)

If you see any other bug that you think should be a release blocker,
please point it out.