Re: colorizing empty space

From: Daniel Colascione
Subject: Re: colorizing empty space
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 00:24:10 -0800

2010/12/16 Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden>:
> I wonder if there's a way to give all the lines max(paragraph lines)+1
> width using "visual" space, so at least one "visual" space is added on
> the right (shown with x):

On another note, I've been looking for a way to colorize the area of a
window after EOB. I have a compile mode hook that turns the window
background red on error. Using text properties, the best I can do is
change the color of the text itself. The region between the end of the
text and the bottom of the window is still the frame's default color.
If the window is in its own frame, I can just change the frame
background color, but I'd like to be able to achieve this effect for
normal windows. Adding extra newlines will work, but that distorts the
scroll bar position, M-> handling, and so on. Any ideas?